Default Header Image

Inventories, Insurances & Utilities


Ensure that you have an inventory prepared which lists the contents of the property and also describes the condition of both the property and its contents. The landlord will pay for the inventory when you first move in which we, as the Landlords agent, will normally organise.


The landlord is normally responsible for insuring the property and its furnishings.

It is recommended that you ensure that your possessions in the rental property are fully insured and it is important that you make it clear to the insurance company that the insurance you require is for a rental property.

Utilities & Council Tax

In addition to your rent you will almost certainly be required to pay electricity, gas, water charges, telephone, television license, and any charges for satellite or cable television, if available. All this will be clearly set out in the tenancy agreement.

Council Tax at the rate applicable to your circumstances will also be payable.


General Enquiry

172 Commercial Rd
London E1 2JY
t. 020 7790 4445
f. 020 7790 2575
124 Stepney Way
London E1 3BG
t. 020 7702 8999
f. 020 7702 8777

Company Registration Details

Calingford Ltd

Registration N0: 07667288
Registered Office: 172 Commercial Road, Aldgate, London, England, E1 2JY
Xpresslink Properties is a trading style of Calingford Ltd

X-Press Link Ltd

Registration N0: 05106299
Registered Office: 124 Stepney Way, London, E1 3BG
Xpresslink Properties is a trading style of X-Press Link Ltd